PDA

View Full Version : eDoomshaper Refuge + SPD and Movement Spells

Davian2K5
12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I searched for an answer to this, but I didn't see anything, and I wasn't sure.

eDoomy's Refuge spell allows a warbeast to make a full advance at the end of their activation if they hit a model during their activation. My question is if this full advance uses base SPD, current SPD, or SPD + Movement?

For example, on his feat turn, warbeast speed is +3. So an Earthborn is speed 8 with the feat, speed 5 naturally. If I also cast Rush on him from an Axer, pushing him up to SPD 8 with 10" of total movement, do I get 10" on the Refuge to include feat + rush, 8" due to feat bonus only, or 5" of natural movement?

Starweaver
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
If the speed bonus is taking effect the moment that the beast makes the refuge move you get that bonus.
Movement bonusses don't apply though.

Davian2K5
12-06-2011, 11:44 AM
So, since feat gives +3 SPD to battlegroup for the entire turn, it would still get the bonus from the feat, but it wouldn't get the +2" movement from Rush?

Digestive
12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Refuge grants "a full advance" after your combat action and both abilities (i.e. Rush and eDoomy feat) last a turn so you should get both, i.e. a 10" move.

somnicide
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
And if it began its activation within 2" of rough terrain that would be an additional 2" on top of that right? Because you do the movement after the combat action but before the end of it's activation?

Digestive
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
If this model begins its activation within 2˝ of rough terrain, it gains +2 SPD this activation

Seems right

Davian2K5
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I just wasn't sure how "Full Advance" was defined. The interpretation of using all buffs to apply was what I assumed, assuming that Full Advance encompassed all +SPD and +Movement buffs for the entire turn, since all of the wordings said for the turn. The local PG gave this interpretation, but also recommended I post it on here for verification, since I managed to use Refuge for a really nasty set of hit and run tactics that left me unscathed and my opponent really messed up.

Crate123
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
The thing to remember is:
+SPD is effective at all times (unless otherwise noted) whereas +Movement only applies during the models activation.
Since Refuge is during the models activation, everything goes.

Valander
12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
The thing to remember is:
+SPD is effective at all times (unless otherwise noted) whereas +Movement only applies during the models activation.
Since Refuge is during the models activation, everything goes.EDITED

Slight correction. Movement modifiers only apply to normal movement, which is defined thusly:

The term normal movement refers to the movement a model makes during the movement portion of its activation.

So, +Movement modifiers would not apply to Refuge, because:

When target friendly Faction model hits an enemy model with an attack during its activation, immediately after its combat action ends the affected model can make a full advance. It cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.

The Refuge movement happens after the movement segment of activation, so it doesn't gain the bonus. It will, of course, gain any benefits from +SPD or that apply to "full advances".

Davian2K5
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
That's everything I wanted to be sure of. Thanks everyone :)

Valander
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Note I made a slight correction to post 9 above, due to missing a small key word. I will lash myself with a wet noodle in pennance.