PDA

View Full Version : Agonizer - Agonies - Spiritual Affliction

Skid64
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
All;

I have read the various different threads concerning the Agonizer and Spritual Affliction. They mainly seem to be concerned whether or not anami are removed completely or just disabled within the Agonzer's bubble. My question is about the term "their animi".

The rule reads:

"Afflicted enemy warbeasts lose their animi.[cut]"

What constitutes "their anami"?

A) Any anami cast by a warcaster, another warbeast or the warbeast itself on the warbeast

B) Only the warbeasts own anami cast on itself

For example a Circle warbeast has a teleport anamus (sorry, I do not know the name or even this is an anamus, but for sake of the argument assume it is) cast on it, but it is not its own anamus. The beast comes within range of the Agonizer's bubble, it would appear logical the anamus would be disabled and the beast looses teleport. But technically it is not the war beasts own animus. Hence does the term "their anami" may not apply. This came up the other day and no one could agree. Perhaps we are over analyzing this.

Thanks,
Skid

nachtnebel
12-16-2011, 11:34 AM
As long as a warbeast is affected by the Agonizer's aura treat it as if it had no animus on its card. This does not affect animi previously cast by the beast or its controlling warlock or animi on that warbeast.

Rynth
12-16-2011, 11:37 AM
All;

I have read the various different threads concerning the Agonizer and Spritual Affliction. They mainly seem to be concerned whether or not anami are removed completely or just disabled within the Agonzer's bubble. My question is about the term "their animi".

The rule reads:
"Afflicted enemy warbeasts lose their animi.[cut]"

What constitutes "their anami"?
A) Any anami cast by a warcaster, another warbeast or the warbeast itself on the warbeast

B) Only the warbeasts own anami cast on itself

For example a Circle warbeast has a teleport anamus (sorry, I do not know the name or even this is an anamus, but for sake of the argument assume it is) cast on it, but it is not its own anamus. The beast comes within range of the Agonizer's bubble, it would appear logical the anamus would be disabled and the beast looses teleport. But technically it is not the war beasts own animus. Hence does the term "their anami" may not apply. This came up the other day and no one could agree. Perhaps we are over analyzing this.

Thanks,
Skid

Over thinking things.
Spiritual Affliction removes the animus from the warbeast's card. It does not remove any instances of those animii currently in play. It only removes that animus as an option from that beast or that beast's controlling caster.

Valander
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
As long as a warbeast is affected by the Agonizer's aura treat it as if it had no animus on its card. This does not affect animi previously cast by the beast or its controlling warlock or animi on that warbeast.
:Buckler: correct answer.

Skid64
12-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks All....When applied as outlined it make sense.