PDA

View Full Version : Unusual trample situation.

etsim
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi,

During a game this weekend, one of my oponent Trampled (with a warbeast) through one of my unit, moved his distance plus 3 inches and ended its movement in melee range of one of my warjack. He then did all its initials attacks against my warjack...

My question is, can he his initial attacks after trampling a unit?

thanks!

E.T

Leo_the_Rat
12-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Since trample is a special attack he must forfeit all of his initial attacks to carry it out. So in your situation he wouldn't have gotten his initial attacks but he could buy more attacks if he has the focus/fury available to him.

mcdermott
No he had to buy each attack after trampling.

wargrim
No, he can't. At the start of your combat action you get to choose to make initial attack, special attacks (including power attacks like trample) or special actions.

Ramses0559
Trampling is a power attack and requires him to forfeit his initial attacks to do so. However after he has trampled he can then proceed buying attacks.

Invaderzahn
Doing a power attack (such as trample) uses up your initial attacks. You can still purchase additional attacks via focus or fury after a trample however.

etsim
12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
ok!

but he can do its initial attacks and then be forced to to a ^power attack right?

Falkman
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
ok!
but he can do its initial attacks and then be forced to to a ^power attack right?
No. Power attacks can only be done instead of initial attacks. Once you've done initial attacks or a power attack, you cannot do any more of them (unless you have a special rule which allows you to, Grab & Smash for example).

Asa
12-19-2011, 11:33 AM
You may only be forced/spend fury to buy further regular attacks after the Trample. They must all be regular attacks. You can use fury/focus to boost these normal attacks though. No more slams/charges/locks etc.

Valander
12-19-2011, 11:35 AM
When you make a combat action, you get to choose one of the items in the bulleted list on Primal pp. 48-49, after which you can buy additional normal attacks. Note that some special attacks or power attacks have requirements for both movement and combat action, such as Tramples.

etsim
12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
ok!
thanks everyone :)

E.T