PDA

View Full Version : Forsaken and others questions

deinocerites
12-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I have all kind of questions, recently I had my second match of all times and it was against trolls... I trusted whatever the guy said and obviously my "noobness" showed and he took advantage (not good experience, can't believe people still do that to firstcomers!)... We didn't finish the game but there were a lot contradicting caviots from this guy and I want to clear them here...
First Forsaken: Is blight shroud autohit?... is there any advantage to charge and then use blight shroud, if I have 5d6 and two of them are 1's (snakeeyes) is it a fail "damage" hit, this guy said snake eyes for attack rolls and damage rolls will affect the hit...
Seraph (with reach): when using Blight strike and finishing all of the d3+1 attacks, I won't be able to do the stinger attack? (I'm within 2" from my target)
Sheperd: Can she use both of her actions in the same turn with warbeast A and B (one condition each)?
Strider Deathstalker: It kills model A and Swift Hunter makes him move 2" and the Snap Fire gives her another shot that kills model B can she move another 2" from a second swift hunter. That's pretty much it now. Thanks in advance

SageofLodoss
12-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I have all kind of questions, recently I had my second match of all times and it was against trolls... I trusted whatever the guy said and obviously my "noobness" showed and he took advantage (not good experience, can't believe people still do that to firstcomers!)... We didn't finish the game but there were a lot contradicting caviots from this guy and I want to clear them here...
First Forsaken: Is blight shroud autohit?...

The Forsaken's shround ability affects every enemy within X inches of it, where X is the amount of Fury stored on that Forsaken when he uses it. It's an auto hit against every enemy and does not require LOS either.

is there any advantage to charge and then use blight shroud

You can not charge into Blight Shroud. Blight Shroud is a Star (special) *action* not an attack. Therefore you can't do it with a charge. Note also that this means you can use Blight Shroud against people who can't be "attacked" due to some spell or feat.

if I have 5d6 and two of them are 1's (snakeeyes) is it a fail "damage" hit, this guy said snake eyes for attack rolls and damage rolls will affect the hit...

This guy is horribly wrong if I understand you correctly. All 1's on dice for your attack(hit) roll is a miss. 1's on Damage don't cause a miss, they just suck because you could have done more damage. Blight Shroud is auto-hit. You announce it, you roll damage separately for each victim, just add up totals for a POW 8 and see if you crack their ARM.

Seraph (with reach): when using Blight strike and finishing all of the d3+1 attacks, I won't be able to do the stinger attack? (I'm within 2" from my target)

You need an ability like "Virtuoso" to use both ranged and melee attacks in the same activation. So no, you will not be able to do the Stinger. Moreover, unless you have an ability like "Gunfighter," you can't use Ranged attacks while engaged or engaging. Seraph has reach, so if you're within 2 inches of your target, you couldn't blight strike him to begin with. You either need to move away (risk free strike), or use your Tail at that point (or take a turn with someone else and take care of the enemy figure to free up your Seraph).

Sheperd: Can she use both of her actions in the same turn with warbeast A and B (one condition each)?

They are special actions; only one of those per turn.

Strider Deathstalker: It kills model A and Swift Hunter makes him move 2" and the Snap Fire gives her another shot that kills model B can she move another 2" from a second swift hunter. That's pretty much it now. Thanks in advance

Yes.

Zuvassin
12-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Forsaken: Everything in range just takes the damage roll, there is nothing to roll for hitting. You cannot charge and then use Blight Shroud, as it is a Special Action. Special Actions can't be used on a turn you run or charge. If all of the dice you roll on an Attack Roll are 1's it is a automatic miss, but this does not apply to Damage Rolls.

Seraph: The d3+1 Strafe attacks are from the Blight Strike, which is a Ranged Attack. You can't make a Ranged Attack and a Melee Attack in the same activation, and the Stinger is a Melee weapon, so you can't attack using both. Also, if you were in range to attack with the Stinger, you could not use Blight Strike because you would be engaged in combat, and the Seraph does not have Gunfighter.

Shepherd: No, you are only allowed to use one Special Action per activation.

Deathstalker: Yes, you are allowed to move 2" after each enemy model destroyed.

deinocerites
12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks that makes sense!, I asked the seraph question because he used his impaler with reach and ranged from within melee and no gunfighter ability so I basically copycatted his logic but he went in circles to explain that flying creatures were different... and I was not able to do that... I just shrug and said ok, I'm the new guy... Also I just find out he was using tough rolls and forgot to stay knocked down... oh well enough whinning thanks for the help I'll keep them coming as I keep using my army... I'm thinking of slipstreaming Deathstalkers and hit the living hell out of units!!

Northern Ronin
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
I asked the seraph question because he used his impaler with reach and ranged from within melee and no gunfighter ability so I basically copycatted his logic but he went in circles to explain that flying creatures were different...

Please elaborate on this, because either I'm miss-reading, it was miss-written, or he's doing it wrong. Flight has zero effect on how attacks are made at all. It's a purely movement related ability. An Impaler cannot make melee attacks while engaged or engaging, nor can it make a Ranged Attack and a Melee Attack in the same activation.

SageofLodoss
12-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Please elaborate on this, because either I'm miss-reading, it was miss-written, or he's doing it wrong. Flight has zero effect on how attacks are made at all. It's a purely movement related ability. An Impaler cannot make ranged attacks while engaged or engaging, nor can it make a Ranged Attack and a Melee Attack in the same activation.

Little fix there.

Northern Ronin
12-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Little fix there.

Aye, too little sleep I suppose :p Still, my question remains.

Necra-Chi
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Also the Seraph does not have reach. The Angelius does. The Seraph does not.

deinocerites
12-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah now I know impaler can't attack while engaged... I was just trying to explain what he said.. conclusion is that he was wrong and he made all that up ... I used playing god on Seraph (for reach) to keep his range units put and stop the barrage they were making and seraph was the only warbeast capable of getting there in time... from now on I will educate myself more on other armies to avoid "these" situations, Thanks guys... And yes I was sleepy and trying to recall the battle, so it was a combination of miss-written and "wrongness"

Corpsemourn
12-23-2011, 09:54 AM
That fella bamboozled you good sir. Unless he was also new, I'd find a different gaming partner. Had I have been an observer to that travesty...

Valander
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Seems like original questions were answered.

Please remember to keep rules thread questions to one question per thread (it helps when searching for answers), and keep tactics discussions in the faction forums (it helps keep rule issues shorter and clearer).