PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Stones multiple Teleportation clarification

Kasczei
12-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Have seen several battle reports double-teleporting models and/or teleporting them after their activation. Why is this legal?

Shifting Stones - Teleportation (p 74 in the Circle book):
"The placed model must forfeit its movement after being placed this turn."

Forfeiting - p 65 in Primal, second to last paragraph in that topic
"A model can forfeit its movement anytime before it moves [...] A model cannot forfeit its movement if it cannot move or does not have a movement available."

The first part of the Forfeiting quote does not require the model to be activated when it forfeits its movement, I might be wrong here but I can't find anything that states it must be during the model's activation. The Shifting Stones require the model to forfeit its movement after being placed - which should mean that after being placed, the model is forced to forfeit its movement. Since forfeiting its movement is a requirement for the Teleportation, when the second Shifting Stones unit want to use the ability - the model to be teleported does not have a movement to forfeit and can therefore not forfeit it (second part of the p 65 quote).

This topic doesn't really make any references to this section of the Forfeiting rules, thus bringing it up again:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?30852-double-teleportation-with-two-sets-of-Shifting-Stones-is-it-possible&highlight=shifting+stones+teleportation

KnightoNi1894
12-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Movement is part of a models activation and can only be forfeited during its activation. Therefore the requirement for forfeiture of movement doesn't have an effect on a second teleportation.

Knight

Gamingdevil
12-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Forfeiting its movement isn't a prerequisite for a model to be teleported. Just to forfeit it, should you get teleported.
You can be teleported if you are unable to forfeit your movement, or if you have already finished your activation. You just have to forfeit it, should you activate after getting telerported.

juckto
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
You are reading it as "a model must forfeit its movement before it is eligble to be teleported."
The correct reading is "a model that is teleported forfeits its movement after being teleported."

Kasczei
12-22-2011, 06:18 AM
You are reading it as "a model must forfeit its movement before it is eligble to be teleported."
The correct reading is "a model that is teleported forfeits its movement after being teleported."

I was indeed. I was under the impression that everything had to be fulfilled in order to gain the bonus/use the ability. This would mean that a knocked down warbeast would still benefit from Enrage even though it cannot charge/slam/trample? Instead of "... must forfeit its movement..." it's "... must charge or [...] trample...".
(yes different question, but related in my opinion)

Enrage:
"If the warbeast is in range, it gains +2 STR and must charge or make a slam or trample power attack without being forced during its next activation."

niceas
12-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Actually, Prime/Primal has direction on what happens in the event that a model must charge but cannot: it must advance and end its activation.

SMDVogrin
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Actually, Prime/Primal has direction on what happens in the event that a model must charge but cannot: it must advance and end its activation.

No, that's if it must run and cannot.

Pg 47 Primal:
"Some effects require a model to charge.... If it cannot charge, the model activates but must forfeit it's movement and action."

So if you must charge, but cannot, you do nothing.

niceas
12-22-2011, 12:55 PM
No, that's if it must run and cannot.

Pg 47 Primal:
"Some effects require a model to charge.... If it cannot charge, the model activates but must forfeit it's movement and action."

So if you must charge, but cannot, you do nothing.

Ah - my bad. Thanks for the clarification.