PDA

View Full Version : Range: -

Garth
02-01-2010, 04:39 AM
We have a small rule discussion here and can't find a solution.
What range has a spell with range: "-" like Pin Cushion ? Has ist a range of 0" or unlimited range ?

2 possible solutions:

1. It has 0". Look at all non AoE spells like Arcane Bolt. Under AoE there is a "-", too. This means it has an AoE of 0". So Pin Cushion is totally useless.

2.It has an unlimited range. This would mean that the "-" on AoE spells means "not appicable". So attacks follow this rules:
a. Choose a target in LoS.
b. Look if the target is in range. Range "-" means that you don't have to check
c. Roll for the Attack
d. Roll for effects and look for AoE effects. A "-" means no need to care about AoE effects, so there are no AoE effects.

Which ruling is right ?

CopeSR
02-01-2010, 04:56 AM
That is a typo under Pin Cushion. It has no range on the PDF. According to that, you can't even cast it on yourself.

Teleologica
02-01-2010, 04:58 AM
I suspect it's a typo. To my knowledge NO other spells have a RNG of -. Should be a distance in inches, SELF, or CTRL.

Garth
02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Kromac had a typo. This already was cleared. But no one said something about E-Lylyth having a typo. So what makes you so sure ?

CopeSR
02-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Because you cannot cast a spell with no range. It doesn't even have a range of 0".

As written now on the PDF, you cannot cast Pin Cushion. I am positive that is a typo.

yankeefan
02-01-2010, 07:46 AM
if it was just los it would say so in the spell. its a typo we just need the official range now. my money is on 10"

Hjelmen0
02-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Pin Cushion should be RNG 10.

Correction from Mr. Soles.