PDA

View Full Version : melee and ranged attacks in the same activation

hulksmash1964
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
so this khador warjack (the one from the battlebox with the axe and cannon, not sure of the name at the moment) is attacking my lancer. completely demolishes it and still has a focus point left so the khador guy decides he's going to . . . take a shot with his cannon at one of my other models. i was pretty sure he shouldn't be allowed to do this, but as i had lent my rulebook out to another friend over the weekend, and the khador guy for some reason didn't bring his to the game . . . all we had to go on were the quick start rules, and i couldn't find anything in there specifically that would have disallowed him to make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. so if someone could direct me to the relevant rule on this, so i'll know for next time, it'd be greatly appreciated.

mcdermott
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Requires virtuoso to do that.

Edit: sorry, ill clarify. I'm not really sure where exactly the rule is, but the existence of Virtuoso should be evidence enough that it exists.

Mod_GoLu
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
In the quick start rules, the second sentence under the Combat Actions header says, "A model cannot make both a ranged attack and a melee attack during the same activation."

hulksmash1964
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
dammit how the hell did i miss that? must have been the teeny tiny printing on the quickstart rules. blah :-P