PDA

View Full Version : Question on EBDT animus

skurkious
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm kind of confused about the EBDT and its animus. If you cast the animus on another beast, does that beast get the same benefit the EBDT would at the time its cast, or does it gain its buff based on what is nearest to it? Does the animus base of what the model begins its turn near or when it ends its turn? If the EBDT is near two things that would give it a buff, say a wall and a river, does it get both, do you choose which you want or do you go off which is closer?

thegreatblah
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
The animus grants 'Elemental Communion' Elemental communion is dependant on what the model is by. So if your EBDT casts its animus on Doomshaper, then the benefits are determined by what Doomshaper is by.

Also, you get the buffs of all things you are by, so if you are standing in water next to a wall you get the benefit of +2Spd, +2 Def and +2 ARM. They don't stack however, so you only get each bonus once.

SnethTB
12-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Also, you get the buffs of all things you are by, so if you are standing in water next to a wall you get the benefit of pathfinder, +2 Def and +2 ARM. They don't stack however, so you only get each bonus once.

Ppfft... now this part i did not know. Nice.

Loki77515
12-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Also, you get the buffs of all things you are by, so if you are standing in water next to a wall you get the benefit of pathfinder, +2 Def and +2 ARM. They don't stack however, so you only get each bonus once.
Elemental Communion doesn't grant Pathfinder.

Digestive
12-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Also +2 SPD bonus is dependent on where the model which benefits form 'Elemental Communion' was when it began its activation, while the other two benefits (+2ARM and +2DEF) are dependent on the models momentary place, i.e. if you where within 2" of an obstruction at your activation but then moved away from it you no longer have the +2ARM.

Goldstep
12-22-2011, 04:12 AM
This is why the holy grail for an EBDT is a linear obstacle in a small lake.

"Mulg, I have found it; a small wall in a puddle. This is our new stronghold. From here we make our stand."

N0rdicNinja
12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2cILlTU41H8/TvM4FlnD6FI/AAAAAAAAA40/MuBEoRfBmkM/w378-h249-k/borka-ebdt-dream.jpg

thegreatblah
12-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Elemental Communion doesn't grant Pathfinder.

Wow, I can't believe I even typed that... my fingers and brain registered I typed speed but the words say differently.

drachenfels
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
"Mulg, I have found it; a small wall in a puddle. This is our new stronghold. From here we make our stand."

note so self for team/unbound
Bloody Barnabus with Swamp pit + Janessa for Stone Wall + Earthbornes

skurkious
12-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I was actually debating this last night. So shallow water would give you both the rough terrain (+2sp) and water (+2 def) bonuses?! That coulda saved my *** last night...

thumpernickle
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes, shallow water is defined in Primal as rough terrain and water. So it would grant both. It is a beautiful thing to see on the table when you have an EBDT.

Behometh
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
This is why the holy grail for an EBDT is a linear obstacle in a small lake.

Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!