PDA

View Full Version : War wagon and ride-by attacks???

Warsmith
12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Following up to the impact attack thread which was very useful and informational, can the war wagon make ride-by attacks since it is a cavalry model? If it can then how would it work?

Warsmith
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I have an idea, but it seems wrong so I wanted some other opinions.

I figure if you could move, stop your move to make a melee attack and then finish your move which is how I understand ride-by attacks. The issue I see is how to resolve the ranged attacks. Would they take place at the time of the initial melee attack as per the weapon platform rule or would they take place at the end of movement as normally? If they could be done at the ride by attack that would be very cool. Even at the end of the move would be fine with me.

All in all, it is better to get these sorts of rules confusion out of the way prior to the model coming out so more people of the proper understanding.

Loki77515
12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
A cavalry model can combine its normal movement and
action in a ride-by attack. Declare that the model is doing so
at the beginning of its normal movement. The model makes a
full advance and can halt its movement at any point to make
its combat action. Do not resolve abilities that trigger when
the model ends its normal movement at this time. After it
ends its combat action, the model resumes its movement.
Therefore, a model making a ride-by attack triggers endof-
action effects before end-of-normal-movement effects. A
cavalry trooper making a ride-by attack must complete both
its movement and its combat action before the next model
begins its normal movement.
You are allowed to make initial ranged attacks when you first stop your movement due to the fact that you make a "combat action" and not "initial melee attacks" when you do a ride by attack.

Valander
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
You are allowed to make initial ranged attacks when you first stop your movement due to the fact that you make a "combat action" and not "initial melee attacks" when you do a ride by attack.
This is correct.

Also, I've done a little house cleaning in this thread. Please try to keep rules threads on topic