PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Wraith Body Count

Snarkie
12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I have a question about the Pistol Wraith's body count ability. A debate recently came up against a Menoth player where we couldn't decide who received the soul of fallen Choir units after my Pistol Wraiths took them out. On one hand, the Menoth player's Reclaimer was about 1" away from the defeated unit which seems to mean that he would claim the souls since the Pistol Wraiths were closer to 8" away. However, with the Pistol Wraith's body count ability, they take souls even if another friendly unit with the cull soul ability is closer. Is it right to think that this would also apply to the Reclaimer situation and the Pistol Wraiths would still get the souls? Thanks!

drachenfels
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
body count makes him eligible to collect souls from that attack, standard "closest eligible" rule applies i believe

KnightoNi1894
12-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Barring a specific reference to the contrary, the standard soul countection rules apply. Since body count has nothing stating they do no apply both cull soul and the reclaimer's soul collection would override if the model is closer and eligible to receive the soul.

Knight

Snarkie
12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!