PDA

View Full Version : eHaley feat question

Stephan Garmark
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Hey.
I'm wondering if a unit is half catched by her feat, does it then affect the entire unit or is it just the models in her control area. The rules states Model/Unit, so it's a bit confusing.
Also must the unit do the same thing or can individual models do what they want with one action (for instance a unit of 5 Bane Knights where 3 are locked in melee. Can the other 2 move into melee and the three caught make attacks?)

Thanks for looking

omerplata
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
I believe if it states model/unit then if even 1 model from the unit is in here ctrl range, then the whole unit is effected. Models activate and move/actions at the same time so the entire unit would have to be effected by here feat. Sort of like same thing for a buff spell, you target one model in the unit, but the entire unit is affected by the buff.

TerTer
12-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Model/Unit means that. So if you catch one model of a unit in feat the entire unit is effected. Is how i understand it. :)

Rolling_Thunder
12-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Model/Unit means that. So if you catch one model of a unit in feat the entire unit is effected. Is how i understand it. :)

This is correct.

Agamemnon
12-24-2011, 10:41 AM
First question answered.

Second question. You are correct. Any model in melee can attack any model outside of melee can advance. If they have a ranged weapon they can stand still and shoot. What each model does is completely independent of another model unless an order is given like run or charge (neither of witch can be used if any model in the unit is affected by her feat).

Stephan Garmark
12-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Why is it that they can't run? This came up in a game the other day and I was like "they can't run" and he was like "show me in the rules" and alas I couldn't, so I had to default to the "thats just how it is" part of the conversation, really mucked up the mood. Then he kicked Haleys butt since I can't seem to win with her ... got sidetracked, what rule prohibits them from running?

phreaker187
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Also remember that they can't aim when they shoot under her feat since you have to sac movement to aim.

tsochung
12-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Why is it that they can't run? This came up in a game the other day and I was like "they can't run" and he was like "show me in the rules" and alas I couldn't, so I had to default to the "thats just how it is" part of the conversation, really mucked up the mood. Then he kicked Haleys butt since I can't seem to win with her ... got sidetracked, what rule prohibits them from running?

since it's a question about run , so lets look at the run section.
in the first paragraph last sentence , it says a model forfeits its action can't run during its normal movement.
but models can still perform a non-normal movement run.

phreaker187
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Humor me. What's an example of a non-normal movement run or did you just throw that out there?

Under eHaley's feat you have to sacrifice your movement or your action. If you sacrifice your action to move, then you can't run because you no longer have an action.

Rynth
12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Humor me. What's an example of a non-normal movement run or did you just throw that out there?

Magnus1's feat.

tsochung
12-24-2011, 07:47 PM
"no action" prevent a model from running during normal movement only.

any run that make outside of movement portion is a non-normal movement run and is not prevented by having no action.

it's also worth noting that it's possible for a model to charge during an activation it forfeit its action , model A with counter charge ability but has its action forfeited make a full advance and end its movement within 6" of an enemy model B who has admonition on it , then model B move away and end it's movement within 6" of model A, now model A can charge model B because the charge granted by counter charge is not a normal movement therefore it is not prevented by having no action.

Valander
12-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Why is it that they can't run?

Prime, p. 46, last sentence in the first paragraph under RUN.

A model that forfeits its action cannot run during its normal movement that activation.

And, obviously, if you forfeit your movement you can't run, either.