PDA

View Full Version : Rhinodon's Amuck Animus

Hasten
02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Amuck: When target friendly warbeast makes a special attack its attack rolls are boosted this turn.

Am I reading it correctly that if a warbeast makes a special attacks, and additional attacks purchased will have boosted attack rolls as well?

Or is the "its attack rolls" referring to the attack rolls generated by the special attack?

-H

goreshde
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I believe you are reading it correctly.

brotherscott
02-01-2010, 10:08 AM
The special attack rolls are the ones that are boosted. In the case of the Rhinodon, when it makes a Thresher attack, every attack roll will be boosted, additional attacks will not get this bonus.

Also, Power Attacks are special attacks.

Mnkylord
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I concur with Goreshde. As the rule is written, all attacks that turn are boosted, regardless of whether they are part of the special attack or not.

brotherscott: If you read the rule again, you'll find there are no limitations or specific references to which attacks are boosted. It simply states attacks during that turn. That encompasses both the special attack(s), and subsequent attacks.

brotherscott
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I concur with Goreshde. As the rule is written, all attacks that turn are boosted, regardless of whether they are part of the special attack or not.

brotherscott: If you read the rule again, you'll find there are no limitations or specific references to which attacks are boosted. It simply states attacks during that turn. That encompasses both the special attack(s), and subsequent attacks.

OK, reading it in that light makes sense as well.

Thanks- getting a little rules weary these days.

Mnkylord
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
OK, reading it in that light makes sense as well.

Thanks- getting a little rules weary these days.

I sooo hear ya. With this last update being so massive and sweeping, it's hard to read through every last jot without my eyes going blurry (not to mention my brain! :P).

Malarowski
08-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Considering the Rhindon article in NQ31, does Amuck still boost ALL attacks or just all attacks in relation to the special/power attack? DC's article makes me doubt the all attack interpretation.

Malarowski
08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I was told this was errata'd. where is it though?

Crate123
08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I agree with OPs reading of it, It's probably not what was intended (yeah its the naughty word) but its how its written.

TyrantLegion
08-14-2010, 06:43 PM
the final wording in FOH:Skorne and the cards is "When target friendly warbeast makes a special attack, it's attack rolls are boosted. Amuck last for one turn."

The last online update did read to give boosted attack rolls through the rest of the beast's activation, but the final wording boosts only the attack rolls of the special attack, be it Thresher, Combo-Strike, or a power attack. Its still amazing for tramples, but doesn't make a beast go God-mode anymore.

Malarowski
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes, but does the 'its' refer to the special attack, or it, the warbeast? Still bad wording. :/

Hasten
08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, but does the 'its' refer to the special attack, or it, the warbeast? Still bad wording. :/

The rule now tells you the period of time during which the effect applies: "When target... makes a special attack." "It" in this case is referring to the warbeast, but the effect only applies during the special attack.

-H

Malarowski
08-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Ah okay. Wah wah wah. ;)

Thunder_God
08-16-2010, 11:02 AM
How about a two-handed throw? Is the throw attack roll boosted? Because after all, it's not an attack ;)

blue loki
08-16-2010, 11:22 AM
A Two-Handed Throw is a Power Attack. Power Attacks are Special Attacks.

Thunder_God
08-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm talking not about attacking the model you want to throw, but what you want to throw it at. The rules specifically state this does not count as an attack. Or, "Doesn't count as an attack against that model", so does it constitute as an attack, though not against that model?

That's a very clunky line.

Hasten
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm talking not about attacking the model you want to throw, but what you want to throw it at. The rules specifically state this does not count as an attack. Or, "Doesn't count as an attack against that model", so does it constitute as an attack, though not against that model?

As long as you're making any sort of attack roll while resolving the special attack, it certainly appears that it would be boosted, per Amuck, which makes no distinction between attack roll types.

I believe two-handed throws specify making a melee attack roll to see if you hit what you're throwing the thrown model at. So if I'm recalling the wording correctly with no text on hand (always a perilous business!), then it would be boosted.

-H

FerrusManus
08-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Even though it's not an attack, its a melee attack roll, so yes, it will be boosted.