PDA

View Full Version : Warcaster Battle groups and mixing factions

Sajil
12-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Ok so first question after reading mercs when i hit the rhulic jacks it has the clause that says only Rhuls can use rhuls and that got me thinking...
First can a merc like Magnus take a mariner?
Were in the rulebook (if i could get the page number) does it say like a protectorate caster cant take a merc jack? I know that they can't... right?

hausdorff space
12-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Magnus can take a Mariner.
... Battlegroups are restricted to same-faction models ... though I don't have easy access to a rule right now (old MkII beta PDF lacks one).

Sajil
12-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Ok thanks friend was trying to agrue that Merc jacks could be in any battle group to which i replied no... then he said show me in the rule book...then blanked on were it says that @_@

hausdorff space
12-30-2011, 03:01 AM
after a bit more of a search:

Mercenary warjacks can be controlled and reactivated only by mercenary warcasters and ’jack marshals. By the same token, a mercenary warcaster or ’jack marshal can control and reactivate only mercenary warjacks.

drachenfels
12-30-2011, 03:06 AM
also pg 38

"to create an army, first choose a faction and decide on an encounter level, then spend the alloted army points to add models and units from your chosen faction and the mercenaries who will work for that faction"

emphasis mine - warjacks fit under that "models" section

Valander
12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Yup, the rules quotes above, from pages 38, 83 (ooh, a palindrome! Coincidence, or conspiracy?) should cover it.

;)

drachenfels
12-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Yup, the rules quotes above, from pages 38, 83 (ooh, a palindrome! Coincidence, or conspiracy?) should cover it.

;)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2011/02/oreillycantexplain1.jpg

Sajil
12-30-2011, 01:50 PM
OMG... I see now!it is a message from the Great and Powerful Matt Wilson! yes page i see it ppage 83 and 38 the 8th of the third line and the revserse if i got ot 84 and 48 omgsh its beautiful!! i understand !!! I KNOW ALL THE RULES!!!