PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Warcaster battlegroups and Jack Marshalls

Thael
01-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I get a discount on Warjacks within my Warcasters Battlegroup only with the Warjack points stat (in this case, eCaine's +5 points of Jacks), and not Jacks that will start off with a Jack Marshall. Is it possible to start off with a Jack in my Warcasters battlegroup just for the points discount, but then have it Jack Marshalled right away so my Warcaster can keep all his focus to himself and leave the Jack Marshall to take care of my Warjacks boosting needs, or do I have to keep the Warjack within the battlegroup at all times? It appears I'd be able to have the Jack Marshall take control right away by moving within b2b with the Jack in question, but I'm mostly looking to clarify.

Valander
01-01-2012, 05:08 PM
No, you can't "immediately transfer" the warjack out of the warcaster's battlegroup and under control of a jack marshal.

However, if a warjack that was in a battlegroup goes inert because of warcaster destruction (and you're not playing with a game-end on warcaster death, or you have multiple casters in a multiple caster game), a jack marshal can reactivate them, per Prime pp. 67-68.

Edit: Also, yes you can take control of autonomous warjacks with a jack marshal, but jacks do not begin the game (typically) as autonomous.

drachenfels
01-01-2012, 05:21 PM
marshaled jacks are not part of the warcasters battle group. warjacks points can only be spent on jacks in their battle group. durring list creation is where you decide if a jack is in the warcasters battle group or marshaled by another model

those things should be able to answer your questions.

also marshals only take control of inert jacks, not functioning jacks.

Thael
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Gotcha, I understand now. Thank you for clearing things up for me!