PDA

View Full Version : Vlad models

muzbuz01
01-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi all,

How do people go with using the eVlad model (with greatsword) to represent pVlad(dagger n short sword)?
Same guy, different weapons, so would it be ok in a tourny or TO's decision?

Cheers

LEJ
01-03-2012, 05:33 AM
While it is always the TOs final say using the epic model as the prime caster is one of the biggest no-nos in tournament play. Its very easy for the opponent to confuse the model they are facing in the middle of a game. Even if you tell them, looking across the table at the epic version triggers the thought that its the epic caster. The most relaxed TOs allow proxies and alternate models but this is very much to be avoided as it causes real problems for opponents.

Electric Seal
01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I strongly disagree that it causes 'real problems', but ultimately it is up to the event organizer and your opponent. I think it is a disservice to your opponents if you think they can't remember who they are facing after having looked at your cards and been told, but expect them to be able to juggle complicated strategy. I've always thought that this is something that should generally be decided between opponents without involving higher authority. There are several people at my club that switch out epics for regular models and vice versa because of their affinity to a particular sculpt, and the best way to get them upset with the hobby is by telling them what they can or can not use and spend their money on. That said, in a tournament setting, I'd defer to the organizer first and keep both models on hand just in case. If you *are* the tournament organizer, you figure it out! :)

jameslsummers
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
i agree with seal, as alot of people dont want to buy a model before playing with one or they like the way said model looks i wouldnt have a problem with them proxying it for the other version, but at most tournements you will find that TO and players will want the real model, but if you cant find someone to play you with proxied models just look me up, i can remember which one your playing, :D

KnightoNi1894
01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
In a tournament absolutely not. In regular play its between you and your opponent.

Knight

Wulfy
01-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Personally, I prefer you play with a painted proxy, over an unpainted accurate model. But if your army is not completely painted what difference does it make? All the unpainted grey blobs look the same anyway.

Valander
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
While it is always the TOs final say using the epic model as the prime caster is one of the biggest no-nos in tournament play. Its very easy for the opponent to confuse the model they are facing in the middle of a game. Even if you tell them, looking across the table at the epic version triggers the thought that its the epic caster. The most relaxed TOs allow proxies and alternate models but this is very much to be avoided as it causes real problems for opponents.

In a tournament absolutely not. In regular play its between you and your opponent.

Knight
While in general a TO can allow it, I would not count on it, since it's pretty well covered as not allowable in the Steam Roller rules.

Discussing why or why it might not be confusing isn't a rules question.