PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bullet Question

Landero
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
So, Jarl Skuld casts Magic Bullet on himself. He proceeds to shoot stuff, but he misses his first shot. He hits with his second shot.

The question is: Will the Magic Bullet user get to apply the Magic Bullet damage roll if he misses the shot he takes after casting it, but hits with the one after said shot?

Pretty much; Cast Magic Bullet - Shoot - Miss (No Magic Bullet roll) - Shoot again - Hit (Magic Bullet Roll?)

This came up in a recent game and we judged that Skuld would get the Magic Bullet roll on the shot that hit.

Agamemnon
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I would say no. Magic bullet specifically stats "If target friendly Faction model's next normal ranged attack directly hits......"

It does not say when the first attack that does directly hit but specifies the first shot target model makes after the spell is cast.

Crate123
01-18-2012, 04:39 AM
I agree with Agamemnon, since it says "If target friendly models NEXT ranged attack directly hits....." so it would have to be your models very next attack, if that misses you have lost out on magic bullet and would have to recast it.

Valander
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I would say no. Magic bullet specifically stats "If target friendly Faction model's next normal ranged attack directly hits......"

It does not say when the first attack that does directly hit but specifies the first shot target model makes after the spell is cast.
This is correct. If the next ranged attack made by the model misses, Magic Bullet will not trigger on later ranged attacks; you will need to recast it.

Leo_the_Rat
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Can you even recast it in the same turn since that would interupt your attack sequence or is there a "gap" between attacks?

Falkman
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
You can cast spells at any time except during an attack, so between two attacks should be fine.

zverbug
04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Sorry to ressurect this thread but here's what I don't get. The second to last sentence in magic bullet states that "After resolving this damage roll, Magic Bullet expires. " then, "Magic Bullet lasts for one round." So the way that I interperet this statement is that when you miss your "next normal ranged attack" you don't perform a damage roll, and thus Magic Bullet doesn't expire. Since it lasts for one turn, the spell is still in effect, and when you make your next normal ranged attack it should still proc.

Mr. Golden Deal
04-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry to ressurect this thread but here's what I don't get. The second to last sentence in magic bullet states that "After resolving this damage roll, Magic Bullet expires. " then, "Magic Bullet lasts for one round." So the way that I interperet this statement is that when you miss your "next normal ranged attack" you don't perform a damage roll, and thus Magic Bullet doesn't expire. Since it lasts for one turn, the spell is still in effect, and when you make your next normal ranged attack it should still proc.

This is probably going to be locked for necromancy, but...

"After resolving this damage roll, Magic Bullet expires" means that you only get to make one Magic Bullet per attack. "Magic Bullet lasts for one round" means that you can trigger it with an ability to make ranged attacks out of activation, like Return Fire, or making a free strike with a ranged attack (like the Blitzer).

Valander
04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Necro is bad, as Mr. Golden Deal surmised.