PDA

View Full Version : The Rack POW 14?

That 1guy
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey all when the rack is disabled you center a 5'' inch Template anything caught under that template Suffers a POW 14 BLAST dmg roll That makes it POW 7 Correct? cause its blast dmg? someone told me this isn't so. However compared to spell and such like Ground Zero, and HellMouth where its worded "Model Suffer a POW 12 DMG ROLL" witch would mean its not halved and not blast dmg.

ChristianAas
01-17-2012, 11:44 PM
No, as it says on the card for the wrack, everyone suffers a POW 14 hit.

There are some models immune to blast damage though, that won't get hurt.

Kenton
01-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Actually it's all POW 14 as specified by your quoted wording.

The use of "Blast" is to set the damage type as some models are affected differently (Girded models, Satyxis with UA, Durgen, etc).

solkan
01-18-2012, 12:13 AM
In case of doubt, see also: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?84448-When-is-damage-caused-by-AOE-not-blast-damage&p=1136609&viewfull=1#post1136609

You only halve the POW on AOE blast damage in the rulebook because the rules say so. Other blast damage doesn't get halved.

Runewyse
01-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Think of the Direct Hit of the Wrack's explosion, and it's a POW 28!, hits the Wrack itself, and everything else is under the blast radius. The rule just makes it so you don't roll to hit so you can't avoid the blast thru a critical miss, some feat(s), etc.
One POW 28 5" AOE for a 1/3 of a point, only if I could point and shoot it.

Valander
01-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Think of the Direct Hit of the Wrack's explosion, and it's a POW 28!, hits the Wrack itself, and everything else is under the blast radius. The rule just makes it so you don't roll to hit so you can't avoid the blast thru a critical miss, some feat(s), etc.
One POW 28 5" AOE for a 1/3 of a point, only if I could point and shoot it.No, don't think of it that way, because that is nothing like how it works.

It causes a POW 14 damage roll to any models in the AoE. If a model is immune to blast damage, it will take no damage, since it is specifically mentioned to be blast damage.