PDA

View Full Version : SR2012 reinforcements and lesser warlock bonds

tort
01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Reinforcement models cannot be bonded, does this apply to lesser warlock bonds or just bonds with warcasters/warlocks? And do lesser warlocks count as warlocks for the purposes of forcing beasts outside their control areas.

From my reading I understand that RAW lesser warlocks cannot be reinforcements due to their warbeast bonds and are not warlocks so cannot force outside their control areas, I'd just like some confirmation that I haven't missed something.

Lamoron
01-18-2012, 03:17 AM
There used to be a ban on companions. I was so happy with the new wording, until I came upon the bond issue. The rule is poorly worded though, because it can mean two things.

1) Models chosen to be reinforcements cannot bond to a caster.
2) Bonded models cannot be reinforcements.

I'm hoping for the first version to be true, because Lesser Warlocks would see a lot of play, as they're perfect for reinforcements. I don't see them in tournament play, and SR 2012 is all about getting some variation into the game, so allowing Lesser Warlocks would be great. I don't think they're better than many other options (quite the opposite actually), but I don't want more infantry (neither does SR 2012), and jacks/beasts are generally poor reinforcements.

Hacksaw76
01-18-2012, 04:10 AM
There used to be a ban on companions. I was so happy with the new wording, until I came upon the bond issue. The rule is poorly worded though, because it can mean two things.

1) Models chosen to be reinforcements cannot bond to a caster.
2) Bonded models cannot be reinforcements.

I'm hoping for the first version to be true, because Lesser Warlocks would see a lot of play, as they're perfect for reinforcements. I don't see them in tournament play, and SR 2012 is all about getting some variation into the game, so allowing Lesser Warlocks would be great. I don't think they're better than many other options (quite the opposite actually), but I don't want more infantry (neither does SR 2012), and jacks/beasts are generally poor reinforcements.
Lesser warlocks and their bonded companions are allowed to be reinforcements. The bonding language refers to warcaster/warlock bonds such as those on Epic Haley or Epic Makeda ;)

Lamoron
01-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Lesser warlocks and their bonded companions are allowed to be reinforcements. The bonding language refers to warcaster/warlock bonds such as those on Epic Haley or Epic Makeda ;) I love you!

Hacksaw76
01-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I love you!
Thank you for pointing out this issue during the beta ;)