PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcements NEED more thought

prkl
01-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Reinforcements are used in scenarios 9-12. Two things:

1. What is the reinforcement line? There are two lines in each of the scenarios running along both the back edge and the side edge. Clearly the side edge is supposed to represent the reinforcement line, but what about the back edge?

In scenarios 10-12 it might also be seen as the deployment zone limiting measure, but it's in place also in scenario 9, implying that it really is the reinforcement line.

I hope this is a mistake by PP and they will correct it. It really would break a game if my reinforcement wolf riders for example would be able to deploy in the back of the opposing army. They can throw their assault javelins to almost half the board with ease and the opposing caster really has nowhere to hide if he has only had 1 turn that far...

2. What does it mean that I can deploy reinforcements to within 3" of the reinforcement line? Does that mean completely within (meaning 3" deployment area), or WITHIN, like the rule term, which would mean my wolf riders can deploy up to 5" form the edge?

Mighty
01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
WITHIN, like the rule term.

Rez
01-18-2012, 05:10 AM
With regards to scenario 9, the reinforcements come into the board via your own deployment zone, not your opponents.

prkl
01-18-2012, 05:15 AM
With regards to scenario 9, the reinforcements come into the board via your own deployment zone, not your opponents.

So they do with every one of them, my bad.

Only then I don't get the point of reinforcements. Anyway the back line thing needs a clarification..

Hacksaw76
01-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Reinforcements enter the game within 3" of the reinforcements line on your side of the board. The reinforcements line (as depicted in the scenarios) is 20" from your right hand corner. 20" up the right side or 20" in from the right corner of your back table edge. I am not sure what else to say that the diagram doesn't show. Is that clear?

Anurien
01-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Only then I don't get the point of reinforcements. Anyway the back line thing needs a clarification..

Yeah, you can bring them on from your back line. (20" from whichever corner)

I guess it is to represent a flanking force or flying column sent to ...reinforce... your army.

It also changes the scenarios so just putting bodies in the way is not always the best option, cos the bodies in the way might not be in the way of the reinforcements.