PDA

View Full Version : wrastler question

stephiroth
01-18-2012, 09:21 AM
My question is, if I force my wrestler to cast its animus on my lock then two hand throw it. Can my lock get up and activate normally or does my lock not get to activate?

thag-rush
01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
First the wrestler throws the lock, then he casts his animus on him.
Then the caster can activate as normal.

MagnustheJust
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
My question is, if I force my wrestler to cast its animus on my lock then two hand throw it. Can my lock get up and activate normally or does my lock not get to activate?

To add to what Thag-rush said, your answer is in the wording for Rise - specifically, the key word of immediately ... Also the animus specifies "knocked down model".

eHighlife
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Doesn't the rulebook say the thrown model still has to sack movement or action though?

Steampunk Jim
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Doesn't the rulebook say the thrown model still has to sack movement or action though?

That's if you're immune to knockdown. Rise completely circumvents the entire "stand up" process, and immediately puts the model back on it's feet like nothing happened. It's a stupendous animus.

EDIT: That's why steady on the swamp horror is so problematic. If he's thrown, he has to sac movement or action. If he didn't have steady, we could Rise him and have him go to town. Ah well.

MagnustheJust
01-18-2012, 12:49 PM
That's if you're immune to knockdown. Rise completely circumvents the entire "stand up" process, and immediately puts the model back on it's feet like nothing happened. It's a stupendous animus.

EDIT: That's why steady on the swamp horror is so problematic. If he's thrown, he has to sac movement or action. If he didn't have steady, we could Rise him and have him go to town. Ah well.

Depends on where you throw him... ;~}

Valander
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Looks like this got moved to the rules forum...

Anyway, posts 2 and 3 should cover it.