PDA

View Full Version : throw + shealds

sweetooth
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
resently i played a game were i tossed a Griffon into a groupe of Mage Hunters and there was a big debate over if the griffon gets the sheald bonas or not. after 10 min of argueing i gave up but i need to know dose he???

Masanori
01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
? what u mean? As in u threw a jack into a group of mage hunters? and if you did what would the shield bonus be for?

Falkman
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
and if you did what would the shield bonus be for?
The throw damage being inflicted on the Griffon? ;)

The Griffon would get the ARM bonus from the shield, since the throw damage is not damage originating from the Griffon's back arc.

sweetooth
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
my question is dose the jack get the shield bonus when taking throw damage?

sweetooth
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
ok so throw damage orignates from the model doing the throwing not the point it contacts the ground or what ever it hits

Masanori
01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
the griffon will always get it's shield bonus because I believe it has a force shield instead of a carried shield effecting only 1 arc so yes u get yer shield to soak damage from throwing

Falkman
01-19-2012, 09:48 AM
the griffon will always get it's shield bonus because I believe it has a force shield instead of a carried shield effecting only 1 arc so yes u get yer shield to soak damage from throwing
No, it has a normal shield and follows all the rules for normal shields.
But shields work for all damage except damage originating in the model's back arc, and throw damage does not originate from the back arc.

wargrim
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Shouldn't trow damage be determined by the position of the model making the throw? If the attacking model was in the back arc of the griffon, the shield bonus shouldn't apply.