PDA

View Full Version : Lady Aiyana & Master Holt

Siegebringer
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
It's been a very long time since I've played and I would like a bit of clarification on this. Say I have the pair engaging a man hunter and I cast Kiss of Lyliss targeting the man hunter but it misses does that mean I have to check to see if I hit Holt and thereby hitting herself?

An even bigger newb question but still relevant, if I want to charge with holt do I have to charge Aiyana up into melee as well or can I leave her somewhere out of range behind holt to sling spells from a distance?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions :P

quindraco
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
It's been a very long time since I've played and I would like a bit of clarification on this. Say I have the pair engaging a man hunter and I cast Kiss of Lyliss targeting the man hunter but it misses does that mean I have to check to see if I hit Holt and thereby hitting herself?

An even bigger newb question but still relevant, if I want to charge with holt do I have to charge Aiyana up into melee as well or can I leave her somewhere out of range behind holt to sling spells from a distance?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions :P

They are a unit, so they both receive the charge order or they both don't. This means if you want Holt to charge, Aiyana must either run or charge. She cannot charge and cast a spell, as only warcasters can do that (which took an Infernal ruling to allow, no less).

vintersbastard
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM

You might hit Holt with the spell; Aiyanna will only be affected by it (since the Point of Origin is always ignored for the retargeting of the in-melee penalty).

Valander
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
They are a unit, so they both receive the charge order or they both don't. This means if you want Holt to charge, Aiyana must either run or charge. She cannot charge and cast a spell, as only warcasters can do that (which took an Infernal ruling to allow, no less).
No Infernal ruling was required for that, actually.

The reason Aiyana cannot cast spells on a charge is because for her, spells are Special Actions/Special Attacks. Nobody can do Special Actions on a charge unless the particular action states otherwise, and only Special Attacks on melee weapons can be used on a charge (unless it says otherwise, of course). For warcasters, casting spells are "at any time abilities," so are not prevented by that rule.

Siegebringer
01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the quick replies :D