PDA

View Full Version : Standing up and Shadowbind

Taliesin_Midwest
01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
So, to stand up a beast/jack needs to forfeit movement or action that turn. If they are shadowbound they cannot move except for to change facing. Does this mean that they must forfeit their action and do nothing else?

Specifically I ask because I want to be able to slam a heavy with reach and then bind them without fear of repercussion. Warwitch Sirens have reach, so this works without question against anything that doesn't, but what about those that do?

SageofLodoss
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
So, to stand up a beast/jack needs to forfeit movement or action that turn. If they are shadowbound they cannot move except for to change facing. Does this mean that they must forfeit their action and do nothing else?

Specifically I ask because I want to be able to slam a heavy with reach and then bind them without fear of repercussion. Warwitch Sirens have reach, so this works without question against anything that doesn't, but what about those that do?

A Shadowbound figure still has a movement to forfeit, it just happens that they can only otherwise use that movement to change facing.

So a Shadowbound knocked down figure could forfeit its movement, which means they would stand up, but could not change facing. This isn't really all that different from a non-shadowbound figure forfeiting movement, since changing facing is a part of your movement.

Keep in mind that beasts and jacks can spend a focus/be forced to stand without forfeiting anything. If shadowbound then they wouldn't be able to move towards you, but if they were already in melee...

psichotykwyrm
01-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Changing facing is still considered moving, its essentially advancing 0".

So a Knockdown model under Shadowbind can still forfeit Movement to stand up. Just because you have a limited or restricted movement, doesn't mean you can't forfeit it.

MagnustheJust
01-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Slight adjustment - you get to choose your facing when getting up from being knocked down. The movement is separate from this aspect, as your movement comes after your model has "gotten up"...

Stevo
01-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Slight adjustment - you get to choose your facing when getting up from being knocked down. The movement is separate from this aspect, as your movement comes after your model has "gotten up"...

I don't believe you get to choose your facing when you stand up. Please see page 64 of Prime MK II. Nowhere does it state that you can change your facing when standing up. When you forfeit your movement to stand, you simply lose the Knocked Down condition/effect. Changing facing is movement, so you could forfeit your combat action to stand and use your movement to change facing. You can't do both with one forfeiture in this instance.

If a Warjack, Warbeast, Warlock, or Warcaster (or any model with Fury or Focus Manipulation) used a Focus in the Control Phase to Shake Effects, it could use the movement portion of its activation to change facing, but otherwise I believe according to the rules you are stuck with your facing.

Choosing a facing when standing up was a MK I rule, but it does not appear to be the case in MK II.

MagnustheJust
01-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Huh... http://www.metal-archives.com/board/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

This could be another MK-I ghost haunting my brainpan. http://www.metal-archives.com/board/images/smilies/awwwww.gif

I just looked it up in both Prime & Primal - same page numbers & wordings.

Hjelmen0
01-31-2012, 12:06 AM
You do not get to choose your facing when standing up from being knocked down. As Stevo says, that's a Mk1 thing, but not the case in Mk2.

Thenmy
01-31-2012, 12:08 AM
The requirements for changing your facing are that you either advance or have a special rule that allows you to change facing. See movement p. 46.

When you forfeit movement to stand up, you do not advance.