PDA

View Full Version : Journeyman League: Reducing number of Warbeast points

Lachlan the Mad
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm going to be entering a Journeyman League soon, and have a question about how warbeast points affect the rules. I've checked the official rules but they don't seem to cover this point.

At week 4, I am allowed to swap casters. In my case this involves swapping Lylyth (+6 warbeast points) for Absylonia (+5 warbeast points). This swap means that my army must be reduced in size by one point.

At present, this one point is a Feralgeist. That is to say, the Feralgeist appears in my week 3 army, and then will disappear for the remainder of the tournament (as I intend to run an Absylonia tier list from week 4 onwards, which does not allow Minions). However, I want to know if this will be allowed.

Can I introduce a Feralgeist in week 3 and then sacrifice it in the cause of warbeast points? Would I be forced to bring the Feralgeist back for the 35-pt game in Week 5?* Or would I not be allowed to take the Feralgeist in week 3 at all if it was incapable of fitting in my week 4 army?

*In this case, I would replace it with a Shepherd, which I would be adding in the Week 5 army in any case.

Agamemnon
01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I would say ask your local PG or TO.

Some groups have done modifications to the Journeyman league to fit their local gaming group.

Lachlan the Mad
01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Just to clarify, this is my Journeyman list as it currently stands. I'm using a + to indicate adding a model and a - to indicate removing it.

1. Battlebox

+ Lylyth
+ Carnivean
+ Shredder
+ Shredder
+ Shredder
+ Shredder

2. 15pts (from battlebox)

+ Foresaken

3. 25pts (from battlebox)

+ Angelius
+ Feralgeist

4. 25pts (warlock switch)

- Lylyth
- Feralgeist
+ Absylonia
+ Foresaken

N.B. Counts as tier 4 -- Heavy warbeasts become cheaper

5. 35pts

+ Ravagore
+ Shepherd

N.B. Counts as tier 4 -- Heavy warbeasts become cheaper

6. Free-for-all

As 5.

Lachlan the Mad
01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I would say ask your local PG or TO.

Some groups have done modifications to the Journeyman league to fit their local gaming group.

I asked this here and on the FB page for the shop that's running this comp simultaneously.

Agamemnon
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Asking both places is not a bad thing but know that your local TO's ruling will stand over what is said here.

AFAIK.

Lachlan the Mad
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh, great, I just realised it gets even MORE complicated. You see, by adding Absylonia, the army costs 26pts. I thus remove the 1pt Feralgeist. Then I add a Foresaken, making the whole army 27pts -- but the army is now a Tier 4 Absylonia army, which reduces the overall cost of the army by 2, back to 25 again.

I'll admit, I have no idea how within-the-rules any of this is. I've just confused myself thoroughly.

Agamemnon
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
No worries Lachlan. Get some sleep and find out tomorrow. Nobody will want to try and guess what rules you are playing by at your LGS.

Lachlan the Mad
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
The rules are standard Journeyman, by which I mean the rules I read in the shop seem to be the same as the rules on the PP website. I'll ask their Press Ganger if he's there when I go there to play D&D tonight.

juckto
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Journeyman lists do not have to include models that were used in previous Journeyman lists. (except for the stated restrictions on battlebox contents for weeks 1 to 3).

Common misconception.

Leo_the_Rat
01-31-2012, 03:55 AM
Lachlan- don't worry about the 27 becoming 25 you're good. It's the final cost of the army that matters not the total card value of the figures.