PDA

View Full Version : Commander Interaction

baronvonchaos
01-31-2012, 09:03 AM
So I wanted to check since I couldn't find where it was explicitly stated (or not stated) in Prime. When you have a Commander in the list, you get to replace the CMD stat of the unit leader with that of the Commander. (as I understand it).

Is this correct? It will come into play when using command checks, drives, and measuring command range for a unit. The latter is what I want to know. Does it allow a normal CMD 8 unit leader to have models at 9" away if the Commander is a CMD 9?

Example: First Mate Hawk is a Commander with CMD 9. She's within 9" of Mr. Walls who is a CMD 8. Does he get to replace is command stat with a 9 until Hawk is too far away? This has implications for Shanghai as well as formations.

Let me know.

solkan
01-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Commander (a.k.a. the Commander :Commander: advantage), and COMMAND RANGE, are on page 84 of Prime Mk II. And unit commander is defined separately on page 71.

sleet01
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
If you have a Commander, and the model / unit making a CMD check is within that Commander's CMD range, they can replace their own CMD stat with the Commander's for the sake of that CMD check. You do not replace the unit's CMD stat completely.

baronvonchaos
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
So it has no bearing over Unit formation, correct?

sleet01
01-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Correct. Only when making CMD checks. There are really just two specific instances where this applies: CMD checks to prevent fleeing, and CMD checks to use Drives.