PDA

View Full Version : Shield Special Qualities

Oulak
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
I have a question about shields with special defensive properties, such as the Lancer?s shock shield and the Revenger?s repulsor shield. Do their special qualities trigger from a successful weapon lock made in their front arc?

And a related question ? do their special qualities also trigger when they are knocked down and/or stationary?

wazatdingder
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
If you lose the shield due to destruction or lock it would lose the abilities. We were checking on the KD issue the other day and couldn't see anything that says you lose it there. Only being in back arc ignores shields.

solkan
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
As far as the Shock Shield goes, that item contains language specifically stating when the effect is lost:

This model loses Shock Field while this weapon system is crippled or locked.
Similarly, Repel is alleged to contain the following language:

This model loses Repel while this weapon system is crippled or locked.

That's leads to the answer to whether those rules apply after a successful weapon lock: They don't apply because the rule itself says so.

Oulak
01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
I was missing the wording "...immediately after the attack is resolved...," which clarifies it so much that I feel like a fool now =P. Obviously, once the attack is resolved, that shield is locked, and therefore unable to damage a cortex box or push.

This leaves everything answered for me. Thanks for the help guys.