PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Warlocks dies, what is with his Battlegroup?

Rotfell
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Since a question came up I used the search-tool, didn't find anything, so I ask here:

You can take other warbeasts in the battlegroup of a lesser warlock, the beasts which comes with these guys have a rule, that says: "If X dies, Y leaves the field", "normal" warbeasts don't have that.
Normally that leads to the thought, that they go wild, like the core rules says... under "destruction of a warlock".

This guy here figured it out:

Hmm another rules interaction with the lesser warlock rules. Do warbeasts under their control go wild? Their rules very clearly state that they are NOT warlocks, they just have warlock like abilities. In this case would their beasts go wild? Their model type is classified as a solo and the Warlock destruction rules only reference actual warlocks.

Another thing i would like to see a ruling on (I'm erring on the side of caution and saying they go buck wild).

What happens with the battlegroup, if a lesser warlock dies (except his/her Chara-beast, which have an actual rule for that)? Does it go wild and can be take in by another battlegroup-commander? Does they leave the field as well?

solkan
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
There's an equivalent situation with the Journeyman Warcaster and what happens when he dies.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12615-Cygnar-Rules-Questions&p=195205&viewfull=1#post195205

The battlegroup commander ability allows the journeyman to be the "warcaster" for his battlegroup. This means his battlegroup will go inert when he is destroyed.

I expect the Infernal response is going to be the Hordes equivalent of that: The lesser warlock is considered to be the "warlock" for his battle group, and the warbeasts go wild when he is destroyed. (And then the ones with special rules removing them get removed, possibly making that irrelevant.)

Rotfell
02-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Ok, didn't know about the Journeyman, a similiar situation, just the other system. ;)

If that's the case, Rorsh and Wrong Eye are even better (especially with the tier-list of Carver and Calaban in which you get beasts for these lesser warlocks cheaper): Even if they're done for, you can simply get the non-chara-beasts with your warlock. ;)