PDA

View Full Version : AOEs are confusing...

jbarket
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey guys,

So I want to make sure I understand AOEs correctly. In this particular case, I'm talking about pKreoss's Cleansing Fire.

Let's say I toss it on a squad of Cygnar Rangers, they're all underneath the template and I'm close enough (thanks to an arc node) to get around their stealth. I roll my magic versus the specific Ranger I put the center over's DEF, and it's a direct hit. Everyone is completely under the template.

Do they all suffer the full strength of Cleansing Fire, or is it just the model in the center, and the rest get 1/2 POW?

Help me out here

Malarowski
02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Models directly hit (initial target) suffer full POW, anybody else POW/2. If you miss and it deviates everybody under (no matter by how much) gets hit by POW/2.

FearLord
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
The standard rules for AOE attacks - the model directly hit by the attack takes a full strength hit and all other models suffer blast damage at half the POW of the attack.

The exception to this is if an attack states the damage a model would take (i.e something like "models hit suffer a POW 12 damage roll") - In the case of Cleansing Fire, models hit, but not directly hit suffer blast damage at half POW.

jandrese
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Unless they say otherwise models under an AoE template take POW/2 damage except for the one you targeted and directly hit. Also, if you roll a critical hit with that cleansing fire, then ALL models under the template would be set on fire.