PDA

View Full Version : Combined Melee (nothing to do with charging)

Mathai
02-08-2012, 11:59 PM
OK, this is the latest bit of confusion among the locals over here about my Satyxis Raiders. (They just love to hate them)

Since the combined melee attack skill is not just on one of their weapons but on them, my raiders can combine everything they have weapon wise. The issue arises when we start discussing if or not they can cross combine. So I ask here, can Raider A combine her lacerator with Raiders B's and C's horns?

vintersbastard
02-09-2012, 01:30 AM
They can combine any way they want (assuming all are in range).

Vex
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
So I ask here, can Raider A combine her lacerator with Raiders B's and C's horns?

Yes.

/10chars

solkan
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Just keep in mind other important limits:
1. One contributed attack per model per combined melee attack. A model can't contribute both of its attacks to the same combined melee attack, although it can contribute to multiple combined melee attacks (or use some of its attacks for non-combined melee attacks).

2. Only the rules on the weapon (singular) being used by the primary attacker apply. So your attack will not get the benefits of both the horns and lacerator weapons.

3. The first attack a model makes or contributes will be its charge attack, if applicable. If non-charge attacks and charge attacks get mixed together in one combined melee attack, you don't get the charge bonus.

Anurien
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
2b. You will not get multiple bonuses for each model involved in a Combined melee attack. Only the Primary attacker uses the rules for its weapon as appropriate (either Horns OR Lacerator).

Also page 62?

Gamingdevil
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Also, you can "save up" your attack to later contribute in a CMA. For instance, 1 Satyxis initiates CMA with her Lacerater and another's horns, then the second uses her Lacerator and the first's horns. (proven here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?85942-Timing-for-CMA-s-when-charging&highlight=combined+melee+satyxis) for reference)