PDA

View Full Version : Being slammed and thrown Question

Jojoburra
02-13-2012, 03:20 AM
After being slammed or thrown, rule states that the model affected by the power attack must forfeit action or movement on its activation.

So does this affect Tiberion even though he cannot be moved out of activation (forfeiting action or movement)?

Crate123
02-13-2012, 04:03 AM
You only have to forfeit your movement/action if you were thrown or slammed on your own turn.
Now if for some reason you decide to do this on your own turn nothing would happen except you take a slight damage roll. Since he cant be moved or even knocked down.

jddilfer
02-13-2012, 04:24 AM
You only have to forfeit your movement/action if you were thrown or slammed on your own turn.
Now if for some reason you decide to do this on your own turn nothing would happen except you take a slight damage roll. Since he cant be moved or even knocked down.

This is WRONG.
"If a slammed model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was slammed." (Prime pg. 53) [emphasis mine]
"If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown." (Prime pg. 54) [emphasis mine]

Crate123
02-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I just doubt thats the intent if you cant even move the model.
But its sort of moot since no one would slam or throw their own Tiberion since he cant even be moved.

The original answer still stands though: you dont have to forfeit action/movement unless its during your own turn.

solkan
02-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Why would that not be the intent? See the discussions about spells slamming an incorporeal model--each of the three effects of a slam happen independent of whether a model is immune to one or more of them.

Crate123
02-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Why would that not be the intent? See the discussions about spells slamming an incorporeal model--each of the three effects of a slam happen independent of whether a model is immune to one or more of them.

Just seems silly that he must forfeit because one of his friends lifted him over his head and put him down gently (bad reason, I know).
It doesnt matter however, the rules say that he must forfeit if he is slammed or thrown during his own turn, so even if it doesnt do anything to him he must. No one would ever do it however so its kinda moot.
Im kinda curious about something though after reading this, Im gonna start a new thread for that however.

Geekly
02-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't have the text for Immovable Object in front of me. Can anyone provide it?

Jinxies
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Immovable Object - This model cannot be knocked down or placed. It can move or be moved only during its normal movement.

There you go :3

Geekly
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for that. If the model is slammed during a turn in which he later activates, he has to forfeit his action or movement when he activates. If he's slammed during his opponent's turn, he'll get to perform his activation normally during his turn. This does prevent some slam/throw shenanigans with your own models - which I think is what you're aiming for.

nverbe
02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
i guess I don't understand what you're asking.

A) If you tried to throw/slam tiberion with your own models during your turn before tiberion activated or your opponent has an out of turn throw/slam, then yes. You would have to forfeit your movement or action during tiberion's activation, The movement portion/knockdown of the slam/throw fails because of immovable object, but the damage portion doesn't. You would still take damage from your own throw/slam.

B) If your opponent is trying to throw/slam tiberion on his turn, then no. The rule only specifies that if a model that would be knocked down by a slam or throw can't be knocked down that activates on the same turn (not Round) must forfeit it's movement or activation.

(exception: would be if Tiberion gets slammed/thrown on your turn by some means, if you were to activate tiberion later in your turn after your opponent threw tiberion 0", then he would have to forfeit movement or action)

My gut tells me that someone tried to pull B on you, and told you that since tiberion can't be knocked down that he has to forfeit next turn, and that's wrong.

lesson here is don't try to slam or throw tiberion with your own models.

patrazh
02-15-2012, 03:32 AM
So, if Tiberion is the target of a counterslam (the model slamming beeing 3-6" away) he would take the slamdamage and after that proceede with his activation like normal because he got slammed after he activated, right?

poeticruse
02-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Yes, if he's already active he doesn't "activate later". Other answers are correct regarding what it means to be slammed.

patrazh
02-18-2012, 02:46 AM
thanks for the quick answer :)