PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is Slammed ?

Crate123
02-13-2012, 06:46 AM
As the title suggests Im a little curious about what the term Slammed exactly refers to.
is it:
1)being hit by a slam attack ?
2)being hit AND moved by a slam attack ?
3)the movement incurred by being hit by a slam attack ?
4)something else ?

solkan
02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
slammed is just a rules term--the model on the receiving end of a slam is slammed. The effects of being that model on the receiving end of a slam are described on page 53 of Prime Mk II.

The important thing to note is that the slam power attack is not the only thing in the game which slams things, lots of effects and abilities do as well.

Crate123
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
slammed is just a rules term--the model on the receiving end of a slam is slammed. The effects of being that model on the receiving end of a slam are described on page 53 of Prime Mk II.

The important thing to note is that the slam power attack is not the only thing in the game which slams things, lots of effects and abilities do as well.

Yes I could have worded that better I suppose, I didnt mean only a slam power attack. I meant all attacks that slam.
The thing is slammed is usually only mentioned along with a distance, so that really sounds to me like slammed is the act of being moved by a slam attack. But I dont know tbh.
I guess the question really is, if you were hit by an attack that slams but you didnt move (not 0 due to hitting a wall or something, but not moved at all) and you didnt get knocked down, were you still technically slammed ?
I know what I feel is correct (which is no) but I could very well be on my own with that thought.

tutenkharnage
02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Prime, p. 52, "Slam": A slamming model that ends its slam movement with its slam target in its 0.5" melee range has made a successful slam. If it advanced at least 3" it makes a melee attack roll against its target. A model that power attack slams a model with a larger base suffers a -2 on its attack roll. If the attack hits, the target is slammed directly away from the attacker (see "Being Slammed," next).

Yes, the target is slammed, even if it didn't move. And it takes slam damage even if it didn't move:

Prime, p.53, "Slam Damage": Apply slam damage after movement and knockdown effects, regardless of whether the model actually moves or is knocked down.

Hope this helps!

Crate123
02-13-2012, 10:35 AM
It didnt, I read that as well and it didnt change my mind really. I know you take damage whether you got moved or not, thats not what Im curious about.
When reading the "being slammed" it talks about being moved, it doesnt say anything about being immune and whether that counts as being slammed.
im probably reading too much (or too little) in to things, but Im still curious.

solkan
02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
No, being slammed is the entire collection of things.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?91612-Damiano-feat-question&p=1227329&viewfull=1#post1227329

Slams have three components, which are independent:

1. Damage
2. Movement
3. Knockdown

Being immune to one does not automatically confer immunity to the others. So, if a slammed model cannot be moved, but has no rules preventing damage or knockdown, it still suffers those effects.

If a model says that it cannot be slammed or is immune to slams, or something similar, then nothing will happen. But it still ends up being, assuming model A performs a slam power attack on B:

Model A slams Model B
Model B is slammed by Model A