PDA

View Full Version : High yield generator

knight_actual
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
How many leaps. Multiple models get hit by the blast, how does the lightning leap resolve?

LEJ
02-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Questions should be asked in a clear way. Avoid nicknames and abbreviations for models as well as model abilities. Please cite the rule you are asking about (quote the text and please note the source). You do not need to give us a battle report in your question, ask your question specifically and if people are unsure as to what you are asking they will ask for more information.

I have no clue what model you are asking about. Can you give more info?

solkan
02-14-2012, 11:07 PM
The question is about the Cygnar upgrade thingy in No Quarter 40's Gnarls upgrades:

Stormclad: High-yield generator
Stormclad heavy warjacks' Generator Blasts gain AOE 3.

Generator Blast is the ranged weapon on the Stormclad and that weapon also has Electro Leap:

Electro leap - When a model is hit with this weapon, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4" of the model hit, ignoring the attacking model. ...

So, the question is whether, if the upgraded Stormclad hits X models with the AOE, do all X models trigger lightning arcs?

Crate123
02-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Well the generator blast doesnt mention directly hit so it would mean that all the models hit generate an electro leap.

knight_actual
02-15-2012, 05:38 AM
It would probably mean though that the leaps hit other models in the blast due to proximity I think.

jameslsummers
02-15-2012, 08:17 AM
on that i dont think so, all the damage rolls are simultaneous and would be resolved prior to resolving the electro leap attacks.

Edit: i think i was wrong, as electro leap works off hit not damage.

Agamemnon
02-15-2012, 09:53 AM
I can see the leaps hitting models outside of the AOE. eLeap says closest model.... they do all go off simultaneously so it will be a lot of rolls on shieldwall models and such.

tuttleboy
02-15-2012, 11:18 AM
It seems to me that after resolving who's hit by the original shot, you'd then pick an e-leap target for each model hit before rolling damage. This would seem to indicate that if you've got 3 guys in base to base in a "standard" shield wall formation that you'd hit all 3, generate 3 e-leaps and have to randomize for the target of each leap and then resolve all damage simultaneous.

I could also see it ruled to generate e-leaps after the damage roll from the blast, but kind of doubt that's the correct sequence.

Rynth
02-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Since an AOE's hits are simultaneous I'd imagine Thresher+electro leap rulings serve as good precedents:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?63556-simo-attacks-and-electroleap&highlight=electroleap+thresher
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?87600-Electro-Leap-and-Thresher

tl;dr version:
1) Determine who is hit by the AOE
2) Electro leap(possibly killing models in the AOE before the AOE kills them)
3) AOE damage.

poeticruse
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Checking on this.

Nafael
02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
There's a reason explosivo made this many electroleaps impossible before... because that is awesomely devastating XD.

R Gordon 1028
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I am not an expert but I am going to try to apply logic to this thread.

Prime p35 AOE. Area of Effect - The diameter in inches of the template an area-of-effect (AOE) weapon uses for determing which models are HIT by the attack. ...All models within the template are affected and potentially suffer the attack's damage and effects.

Stromclad card - GENERATOR BLAST - Electro leap - When a model is HIT with this weapon, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4" of the model, ignoring the attacking model.

For me, this means that every model hit in the AOE potentially suffers the damage AND can have a leap to the nearest model within 4"

If you target the middle model of 3 that are B2B to gain the Shield Wall bonus ( 000 ) you have the center suffer the fullPOW, the other 2 suffer BLAST damage (1/2 POW), then up to 3 leaps.

At my LGS the PG ruled that the attacking player chooses where the leap goes, in cases of ties only.

( 000 ) If an opponent has grouped models together (all B2B) and there is LOS to the middle model then up to 7 leaps are

available, and 6 of them could go backto the center model.

My thought, for what 2 cents are worth today

the 00000's are supposed to rep a cluster but I cannot get the spacing right

knight_actual
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
My current understanding of the rules lead me to believe that the process proceeds as follows

1) determine who are hit by the template.
2) determine leap victims from those hit, which may include those under the template.
3) simultaneous electro leap damage.
4) simultaneous blast and direct hit damage.

poeticruse
02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
My current understanding of the rules lead me to believe that the process proceeds as follows

1) determine who are hit by the template.
2) determine leap victims from those hit, which may include those under the template.
3) simultaneous electro leap damage.
4) simultaneous blast and direct hit damage.

Answer is: Works as written (all models hit create a leap) resolved as knight_actual has listed in the post above this one (quoted for clarity)