PDA

View Full Version : Post-movement pre-action interruptions

brEmSEr
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding abilities that can or cannot be used after movement before making an action.
My starting point:
A Caster/lock can decalre a charge, make his charge movement, cast spells and use his feat and then make his charge attack.
A Woldwarden can declare a slam, make his slam movement, cast Telekinesis on himself to change the slam vector and proceed with his slam attack.
Right?

My question:
Is a Woldwarden able to declare a trample power attack, make his trample movement, cast Stone Skin (which would prohibit tramle power attacks but would strengthen the trample attacks and would increase the ARM against incoming free strikes) and proceed with the trample attacks, followed by free strikes?

IMO this should be possible.

Many thanks in advance

solkan
02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Edit: Retracted due to looking stuff up again...

Michael
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I would say yes, you can do this.

Target friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 STR and ARM but suffers -1 SPD and DEF.

I can't find a perfect, clear-cut rules quote (and I'd still need to copy out several paragraphs of both Charging and Trample rules as well as chunks of the timing chart), but my reasoning is as follows:

You met the criteria for a successful Trample power attack when you declared it. You were not suffering any penalties to SPD at the time the power attack was declared. Nothing in the Trample rules states that you need to meet that criteria at the time you make the melee attacks generated by Trample.

Warcasters, for example, can charge, cast Iron Flesh on themselves (thereby suffering a -1 SPD, which would normally disallow charges), and still make their charge attack afterward.

Hope this helps.

solkan
02-19-2012, 06:26 PM
See also https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?65410-Spells-Feat-and-Charges&p=914017&viewfull=1#post914017 for Macallan saying so:

You can cast a spell or use an animus just after a trample move, before resolving the attacks.

brEmSEr
02-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Thank you so much!