PDA

View Full Version : Tiberion/Bump/Immovable object

[XGN] Doom
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
played a person the other day and he claimed that Tiberion could be PUSHED due to BUMP even though he has the Immovable object rule because it's his animus. I said no because my shifting stones cant port my Celestial Fulcrum because of it's own rule, was I correct? probably a bad comparison.

Michael
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
This model cannot be knocked down or placed. It can move or be moved only during its normal movement.

...Models can also move without advancing, typically due to being pushed or slammed or from other effects.

When target friendly model is damaged by an enemy melee attack, after the attack is resolved the enemy model is pushed 3" directly away from the affected model, then Bump expires. Bump lasts for one round.

Tiberion would NEVER be pushed by Bump. I don't follow the "it's his animus, so it works" logic. I'm really unclear on what the original poster meant. (My apologies.) Bump pushes the model making an attack, not the model with Bump on it.

The wording of Immovable Object is pretty clear. Tiberion can only move or be moved during its normal movement. Bump pushes a model. Pushing counts as movement. Tiberion can't be moved except as noted.

Bump will never, ever resolve during Tiberion's normal movement. During Tiberion's controller's turn, I can only figure that Bump would only possibly resolve after Tiberion's normal movement, in the case of Tiberion taking a free strike while advancing or something like that.

Anyway...I'm still a little unclear on the original question, but I hope this helps.

Crate123
02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
In the case of Tiberion attacking another model with Bump he still can not be moved because being pushed by Bump is not "normal movement".
Doesnt matter if its "his" animus.

[XGN] Doom
02-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Anyway...I'm still a little unclear on the original question, but I hope this helps.

lol, sorry at work can't let the boss catch me. :p
You answered my question.

Tiberion would NEVER be pushed by Bump. I don't follow the "it's his animus, so it works" logic. I'm really unclear on what the original poster meant. (My apologies.) Bump pushes the model making an attack, not the model with Bump on it.

Yes he was claiming Tiberion would be moved by Bump not the attacker.
I was like, "uh.....no?"

In the case of Tiberion attacking another model with Bump he still can not be moved because being pushed by Bump is not "normal movement".
Doesn't matter if its "his" animus.

Exactly.