PDA

View Full Version : Siege's feat and Gorman's grenades

Sanguinary Dan
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I found threads discussing the interaction between AP and Breach, but nothing on how something like Rust would effect the calculation.

If it works like a Shield (base ARM is halved, then shield or buckler is added) you would halve the base armor and then subtract 2 from that value. But that seems very powerful when you look at dropping most heavy Warjacks ARM down to an 8 or even a 7.

Does it work the same in both directions?

Varius
02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I found threads discussing the interaction between AP and Breach, but nothing on how something like Rust would effect the calculation.

If it works like a Shield (base ARM is halved, then shield or buckler is added) you would halve the base armor and then subtract 2 from that value. But that seems very powerful when you look at dropping most heavy Warjacks ARM down to an 8 or even a 7.

I believe it does. You halve thier base arm with seige's feat.

Unless there is a rule preventing armor reducing things from stacking? Its why hunters and Siege dont stack, both halve the base arm

Mod_PolarBearCub
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't have the book in front of me but I am almost 100% positive that Gormans rust just says armor, nothing about subtracting from base armor. If that is the case than yes they should be able to stack on one another. If Gormans rust says that it subtracts from the base armor than that means that they will not stack.

tuttleboy
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Going from PG 33 of Prime:

1. Apply modifiers that double the model's stat.

2. Apply modifiers that halve the stat.

3. Apply bonuses that add to the stat.

4. Apply penalties that reduce the stat.

So going from that Siege's feat will reduce base ARM by 1/2 first, then reduce it by -2 from Rust Bomb.

The Captain
02-20-2012, 12:59 AM

Yes, it works that way. A model with ARM 18 hit by a Ripjaw's Armor piercing attack (halve base ARM to 9) affected by Deneghra's feat (-2ARM) and parasite (-3ARM), hit by Gorman's rust bomb (-2ARM) and in a Bane Thrall's melee range (dark shroud, -2ARM) would be ARM 0 for the attack.

Stacking modifiers are very powerful.

LEJ
02-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Yes, it works that way. A model with ARM 18 hit by a Ripjaw's Armor piercing attack (halve base ARM to 9) affected by Deneghra's feat (-2ARM) and parasite (-3ARM), hit by Gorman's rust bomb (-2ARM) and in a Bane Thrall's melee range (dark shroud, -2ARM) would be ARM 0 for the attack.

Stats (Other then DEF) cannot go below 1 so in your example the model would be ARM 1 for the attack.

poeticruse
02-20-2012, 05:52 AM
The order of application from prime above is correct. The laundry list of modifiers is outside the purpose of the forum. LEJKaya is correct that a stat cannot go below 1, except DEF which cannot go below 5.