PDA

View Full Version : Flight Question and Staionary Target Question

Fritzkrieg
02-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello All,

I had some rules questions come up this past weekend and I thought I would bring them here to see what you all thought.

1st. Models with flight. It says this model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target. Does this mean that they don't even have to have line of sight to their target or is line of sight still needed to perform the charge?

2nd. A model was made stationary via a Crit hit from a Khador Juggy. If that model were going to attempt to throw that model after the freeze would it be able to try to fight free with the STR roll off or does it get thrown automatically now that it is a stationary target?

3rd. If a model were to "shimmie" around a warjack it is currently in melee with to come in contact with another model to throw its attacks at. Does that model suffer free strikes if it leaves the 90 degree attack arc of one of the warjacks arms or not at all unless it leaves melee range altogether?

4th. With the spell Overrun. Can the model that makes the full advance be the same model that had overrun cast on it. For Example. Strakhov casts overrun on Torch loaded focus. He goes into melee kills his target. Can he then use overrun to make another advance and get in contact with another model and continue fighting?

Those are the 4 questions I had, I appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks!

Uratoh
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
1: they need line of sight to charge, they just ignore intervening models for determining if they have it.

2: It still gets a strength check, stationary doesn't say otherwise.

3: Only battle engines have 90 degree attack arcs with (some) weaponry, and even then only get to free strike if you leave their entire 180 front arc/melee range.

It sounds like you need to read the rules more (no offense) and keep in mind, that you need to throw 'real world logic' out the window some times. A stationary model gets to make a strength check like normal, because Stationary doesn't say it doesn't, despite any lack of logic involved.

juckto
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
4. Yes overrun may be used by the model that triggered it.

5. Only one question per thread (it makes it easier for future users searching for answers)

poeticruse
02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
One question per thread. Locked without reading. If any answers are unclear, incorrect or incomplete, please start new threads.