PDA

View Full Version : Death Star + rebuke

gera3d
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Does rebuke make it so joe can not give the winter guard tough. Can they Combined range attack when they are rebuked.?

Can they still do grape shot?

drachenfels
02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
first off one thing to remember - joe is a solo and not a part of the winterguard unit
1) joes speech is not a special action, so rebuke on either him or the winterguard would not affect him giving them tough
2) combined range is not an order or special attack so yes they can
3) for the winterguard their spray IS a special attack so under rebuke they can't spray.

Uratoh
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Can you post the full bit of Rebuke? I don't know who has it for reference...

I don't believe it has any ability to stop Joe from doing speeches on them, they're not orders (I do recall rebuke does no orders). They can't Bob & Weave, obviously, as it's an order. CRAs/CMAs are not an order or special attack, so they should be fine. Grape Shot is technically an *Attack (though not clearly worded) so if Rebuke says no special attack/action, it's out.

Mod_Redphantasm
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
first off one thing to remember - joe is a solo and not a part of the winterguard unit
1) joes speech is not a special action, so rebuke on either him or the winterguard would not affect him giving them tough
2) combined range is not an order or special attack so yes they can
3) for the winterguard their spray IS a special attack so under rebuke they can't spray.

This is all correct.

Michael
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
For future reference, please post the full and proper names of a model/unit/spell/caster/whatever. Not everyone knows what "Death Star" is; as such, it won't come up if somebody searches for "Winter Guard Infantry".

Anyway...

Target enemy model/unit cannot give orders, receive orders, or make special attacks for one round.

Rebuke prevents only giving or receiving orders and making Special Attacks, a.k.a. * Attacks.

Combined Ranged Attack is none of these. Models affected by Rebuke can CRA.

Kovnik Joe's speeches are none of these. Models affected by Rebuke receive the effects of his speech.

Making Grape Shot attacks are not orders or * Attacks. Models affected by Rebuke can make Grape Shot attacks.

Uratoh
02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Grape Shot is an *Attack. It's just hard to tell.

While this model is in formation, models in its unit can make a Grape Shot special attack.

Michael
02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Grape Shot is an *Attack. It's just hard to tell.

Whoops. Gah...That's what I get for looking up everything but that one rule. My apologies.