PDA

View Full Version : Gallows Grove, Placement, and Fleeing

txiab
02-20-2012, 09:31 PM
So, the Gallows Groves aren't fearless which means they will fail terror checks on a regular basis at CMD 3. A fleeing model can't advance toward an enemy model (p. 87). However, the Gallows Grove has no SPD, and can only be placed through Strange Growth. Being placed does not count as Advancing (p. 48). Because fleeing only impacts advancing, attacking, etc., but not being placed, does this mean the Gallows Grove can be placed closer to enemy models even if it is fleeing? It also appears that the Groves can be used to channel while fleeing as well, as fleeing does not address channeling. Correct?

solkan
02-20-2012, 09:51 PM
See: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?87502-Gallows-Grove-Channelling-Fleeing&p=1174669&viewfull=1#post1174669

I'll defer to the other thread, but I think the slightly out of context quote sums it up (unless you're trying to capture an objective): "So it effectively doesn't matter if it is fleeing or not." :p

txiab
02-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the link. That's what I thought, but couldn't locate it using the search feature. Probably just blind.