PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding normal and special attacks that came up in my first game.

Norsehawk
02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
At my FLGS recently, I got my first game in (Yay!) and I think I got the rules ruling correct, but it has been bugging me that I might have made an error that could have changed the game outcome possibly.

My opponent was using Tyrant Xerxis from the Skorne faction, and he has the ability to, when he hits to make a chain attack or combo attack when he lands a hit that does increased damage and causes a knockback. He also has another rule that lets him do something extra if he kills a melee opponent with a normal attack (I don't have the card to look at and it's been a few days)

Well, he hit one of my MoW Stormtroopers with the knockback attack, killing him in the process, and we agreed at the time that the knockback was not a standard attack, I just want to make sure that that was the case and that I did not unfairly tilt the game in my favor.

Thank you for any prompt replies, and I am sure someone will have the card to make sure I'm using the correct terms, as I do not have my books handy.

Mod_Redphantasm
02-21-2012, 11:17 AM
A similar discussion (with most of the same rules) is here: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?90410-Angelius-Overtake&highlight=overtake

Basically, you played it correctly. *Attacks are not normal melee attacks and therefore do not trigger Overtake.

Norsehawk
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Thank you for the very prompt reply and now I feel better.