PDA

View Full Version : Close Impact Attacks

Soss
03-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I tried a search and could not find the same question asked, so here it is.

Model A is in melee range of model B, but not in B2B at the start of its activation. Can model A charge model B moving into B2B and get an impact attack? I know that the charge would not be boosted. Does this work?

If this does work, then could a cavalry model with reach move only within a1/4 of an inch of model B to get the impact attacks, then on the next turn move 1/8 of an inch to get another and just keep going like that?

solkan
03-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Minimum 3" move before an impact hit is allowed. For reference, see pages 81 and 82 of Prime Mk II.

Soss
03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
So what about Troll bloods Long Riders and their bull rush order? It seems that this would ignore the 3" movement.

I did read the pages you put up and one other thing it says is you have to contact a model to do impact attacks, so that would prevent the 1/4" or shorter movements to stay in melee range and still get impact attacks.

Crate123
03-03-2012, 04:25 AM
So what about Troll bloods Long Riders and their bull rush order? It seems that this would ignore the 3" movement.

I did read the pages you put up and one other thing it says is you have to contact a model to do impact attacks, so that would prevent the 1/4" or shorter movements to stay in melee range and still get impact attacks.

Their bullrush order are NOT impact attacks, they are slam attacks.

Digestive
03-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Their bullrush order are NOT impact attacks, they are slam attacks.

Bull Rush is an order which allows the Long Riders to do either a charge attack, a slam attack or a run action. How to resolve slam attacks with Long Riders is stated on their card. Impact attacks are only possible on a cavalry charge and the Bull Rush order doesn't change anything about them. So you still need the 3" movement to make impact attacks. This movement needs to be in a straight line as is normal for charge attacks and you can only stop to make impact attacks when you contact another base. You can then proceed to make impact attacks against any model within 0.5".