PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Icy Gaze

Armor 20... is that good?
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Hello all, new to the game and the forum. Other than being quite frustrated:mad:, I have a question about Kommander Sorscha?s Icy Glaze (Models in LOS become stationary for one round unless they have immunity to cold.) I have been playing with someone that insists this feat can be over turned after my turn by using a (1) focus per model to negate the affects. Much like being knocked down.

His models do not have immunity to cold. In his opinion my turn is over he uses one focus per model to ?unfreeze? his warjack and BLAMO the squishy model I was trying to slip passed his charging radius suddenly has halberd stuck in his forehead and in a small (18 point) game the loss of my really neat solo model makes the afternoon less enjoyable. Is this how this feat works? Am I just grabbing at strings by thinking all models in LOS would be stationary the whole round?:confused:

Thanks any help with this would be great. Also a MK II page number would be greatly appreciated.

malfred
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Read p. 73 and 75 under Focus: Shake Effect.

What you use the feat to do: make everything stationary so you can smash it
on your turn.

Also remember: only warcasters and warjacks can shake effects.

dhow tocor
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes, a Warjack can spend one Focus point to remove its Stationary status, regardless of how it became Stationary. Same goes for a Warcaster.

Mod_Haight
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
The "Focus: Shake Effects" rule has all the info you need. MK2 page 73 and 75.

Specifically:

Focus: Shake Effects (under Warjacks - Machines of war)

During your Control Phase after allocating focus, if this model is knocked down it can spend 1 focus point to stand up. During your Control Phase after allocating focus, if this model is stationary it can spend 1 focus point to cause the stationary status to expire."

and

Focus: Shake Effect (under Warcasters and Focus: True Power)

During your Control Phase after allocating focus, if this model is knocked down it can spend 1 focus point to stand up.

During your Control Phase after allocating focus, if this model is stationary it can spend 1 focus point to cause the stationary status to expire.

Note that these only apply to Warcasters and Warjacks.

-- Haight

dhow tocor
02-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Didn't the forum used to warn you if someone posted before you?

Armor 20... is that good?
02-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the quick replys.

Vantm
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
one quick thing, i heard her feat changed to ignoring LoS, is this true?

Michael
02-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorscha's feat does not ignore Line of Sight.

BountyHunterQ
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
I know this isn't a tactics discussion, but for the new guy:

Sorscha *really* likes having ol' Eiryss with her to disrupt the caster (before or after the feat pops) to make sure things stay stationary.

Also, way back when, Icy Gaze did ignore LOS, it was like Kreoss and everything in the control area was frozen, 360 degrees. It is still one of the strongest feats in the game, though.