PDA

View Full Version : Assault and can not be targeted by range attack

Ryunaito
03-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Simple question, if I assault say a jack that has safe passage. Do I get to make the range attack component of the assault. if this has been asked sorry if I missed it in my search...

sleet01
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
You can't assault that jack, because assault is part of a charge and you can't charge that jack

Lanz
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Well, technically you do, but you just can't target the warjack with it. If the warjack is your charge target, you must target it, but you can't target it.

So you lose the shot, basically. The rule lets you make an attack, but you can't target the warjack and there's nothing else you're allowed to target.

sleet01
03-10-2012, 09:38 PM
NM, was confused about the effect of Safe Passage, or rather Passage (since Safe Passage is apparently from Mk I). It's as Lanz says.

Ryunaito
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I was actually refering to "Safe passage" choir song. Jack can't be targeted by a range attack is the wording (correct me if I'm wrong)

Lanz
03-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah. Basically the shot can't target the jack. The player still gets a shot, nothing's preventing that, but they can't actually do anything with the shot because Assault rules that the only target can be the charge target, but safe passage means you can't target that 'jack. So your only target can't be targeted, which means you get to shoot nothing.

If the shot was magical (for example the lightning bolt on a Tharn Shaman, who has assault), then it will work fine.

Ryunaito
03-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Alright, thanks for that. ^_^