PDA

View Full Version : Siege ground pounder basics on how it works

mgrudowski
03-11-2012, 08:06 AM
So I place the template and I get a ranged attack for each model under the template. next do I roll the dice to hit once and use that number for each model under the template or do I roll to hit separately for each model under the template.

Example A I place the template and 4 models are under it. I roll the dice once and compare it to the def of each of the 4 models to see if I hit them.

Example B I place the template and 4 models are under it. I now have to roll the dice 4 times once for each model to see if I hit them.

sleet01
03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
You make a separate ranged attack against each model, which means you make separate attack and damage rolls against each model.

solkan
03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
So I place the template and I get a ranged attack for each model under the template. next do I roll the dice to hit once and use that number for each model under the template or do I roll to hit separately for each model under the template.

You place the template, and you make ranged attack rolls against each model under the template. You do not get a ranged attack against each model under the template. The difference is subtle but important for resolving abilities or effects triggered by Ground Pounder, and the fact that making a ranged attack requires targeting (and LOS).

Example B I place the template and 4 models are under it. I now have to roll the dice 4 times once for each model to see if I hit them.

This is the correct option. I think there is a special attack where you make one attack roll and apply it to all the targets. I can't remember which model has it but this isn't this one.