What is the Great Enemy?

Okay Warcaster bros and bras. What is this great Enemy that the goddess Cyriss knows of in the Cyriss galaxy? Is it the Aterneum?

2 Likes

I’ve speculated that perhaps there is an anti-Cyriss. like if Cyriss is order, reason, then this force is entropy, chaos.

the ancient Greeks had a cult of Pythagoras, which may have somewhat inspired Cyriss. They thought the universe was basically a duel between rational numbers and irrational ones, like pi.

1 Like

It can’t be the Aeternum because the migrants from Immoren have only been there for 10 years now.
So, it must be something else.

1 Like

Could be related to the Exiles, the empyreans drove something out of the cyriss galaxy. My money’s on a species of infernal worshiping aliens

4 Likes

Spaaacccee dragons!!!

4 Likes

I’d agree with this. I think any sort of deity or magic/soul/energy devouring entity would be concerning to the great constellation. I mean, imagine, a giant network of what amounts to millions or billions of souls plus the arc there on top of that. Anything that could power itself with either or both would be concerning indeed.

4 Likes

Unicron? (It’s the 40th anniversary year of the Transformers this year.)

4 Likes

My money is on the devourer wurm

2 Likes

Nice Monsterpocalypse reference.

https://smashvilleuniversity.wiki/doku.php?id=draken_armada:start

Nay, too weak I don’t think TDW can make it to Cyriss

Could the necrosurge fit the bill?
https://smashvilleuniversity.wiki/doku.php?id=necroscourge:start

I think that you are right. It has to be something that occurs after Warmachine’s Oblivion event but before the 5000 year time period in which Warcaster takes place.

1 Like

I do wonder if it’s something fiercely individualistic/anarchic OR something that will try to assimulate/absorb it. I feel there needs to be some sort of antithetical element to whatever it is.

Certainly not when he isn’t focused on Caen

That has been something I’ve vaguely speculated before, too. If PP ever wanted to make a crossover between MonPoc, Warmachine/Iron Kingdoms and Warcaster, an interstellar threat would fit the bill nicely.

2 Likes

Exiles was my theory. I think they know how to utilize technology that Empy find forbidden or unethical. In the thousand worlds lore when Harlon find the remains of a strange Warjack, I think that was an Exiled Warjack. And the green glowing artifact the ISA recovered from the pier was from the Exile. If this is correct, lore wise, Exiles are consumers of Arc and maybe life energy. Which the Emps are against both.

2 Likes

I endorse this theory.

Both of those findings were from Immoren. The warjack wa s a Convergence colossal, and the green glowy thing a Cryxian soul cage.

That doesn’t mean your theory is wrong, of course. It just gives the Exiles a rather more specific origin. We know from the Warmachine lore that Cryxians and the Convergence cooperated during the events that led to the exodus to the Cyriss galaxy. To tell the truth, I always pegged the Aeternus Continuum as the inheritors of that unholy alliance.

4 Likes

Whoa, they do sound like soul cages. But this opens up a bunch of other questions. I’m don’t think AC is the result of that union since they came with the first settlers, they also can read (or maybe one of the older ones can) the hieroglyphs on the containers. They wouldn’t have any direct contact with Cryx or Cyriss.

I’m not the strongest on WH lore. What make you think it’s a Immoran Colossal? Was it the weapon Harlon fired?

This gives us an addition possible for what the Exiles could be. Ancient race pushed out by Emps, Mechanist, and the remains of the Cryx-Cyriss alliance. Interesting

2 Likes

It’s weird how the soul cage is noted by the Warjack Mother as emitting strange radiation.

I wonder if it’s reading Toruks unusual form of blight or if souls emit a strange form of energy decay when in the physical.